Volunteers participated in a labyrinth activity on April 6 and meditated on their volunteer experience at 105 Gibson Centre based on questions about friendship, volunteering, community, center of our energy source, compassion, needy, journey, hope and receiving stranger.
At the end of the activity, they answered some questions about their volunteer experience at 105 Gibson Centre:
What does it mean to volunteer?
- To contribute time and experience to people in need
- To be sensitive to people’s needs and feelings
- To serve and to show love to others
- To pass on knowledge or skills
Why do you volunteer?
- Build up my resume
- Learn a new culture and meet new friends
- Give back to society
- Feel rewarding and sense of satisfaction
- More blessed to give than to receive