Toronto Christian Community Church and 105 Gibson Centre have partnered with Mosaic Interfaith Out of the Cold to bring safety, refuge, warm hospitality and emergency shelter in York Region to the homeless or those in need during the coldest weeks of the winter season. We provide services ranging from warm meals to overnight shelter to various social services.
OUT OF THE COLD
* Arrangement may differ due to COVID-19, please contact us by phone or email for details.
When & Where
It takes many volunteers to run OOTC each week and we welcome individuals or groups to volunteer for the following roles:
- Hospitality: Serving meals and socializing with guests
- Kitchen: Food preparation, cooking and cleaning
- Clothing Bank: Organizing and distributing of clothing items
- Registration: Administration of entry and exit of guests and volunteers
- Setup/Cleanup: Service room setup and cleanup
- Special Services: Social assistance, medical assistance and other services
* Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for group or other inquiries.