We are seeking a highly motivated, self-driven, and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Program Coordinator in enhancing the well-being and enriching the lives of our senior community. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating a wide range of programs and services tailored to meet the unique needs of older adults – including but not limiting to social engagement, recreational and health promotion activities, and special events. This role requires exceptional interpersonal skills, strong organizational abilities, and a deep commitment to serving the Older Adult community. Reporting to the OAS/ALI Manager, the successful candidate will join a diverse team dedicated to creating a vibrant and supportive community for our seniors.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Design and develop comprehensive program strategies and initiatives for Older Adults, taking into account their physical, social, emotional, and cognitive needs.
- Coordinate and oversee a variety of programs.
- Ensure that programs are accessible, inclusive, and culturally sensitive, considering the diverse backgrounds and abilities of older adults.
- Collaborate with internal teams, community partners, and volunteers to plan and execute program activities effectively.
- Build positive relationships with older adults, their families, and caregivers, fostering a supportive and caring environment.
- Provide guidance, resources, and support to older adults, assisting them in accessing community services and addressing their concerns.
- Maintain accurate program records, including participant data, attendance records, and program evaluations.
- Prepare regular reports on program activities, outcomes, and participant feedback for internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and policies related to program delivery and participant safety.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. social work, gerontology, psychology or theology), or equivalent.
- Proven experience in program coordination, preferably in an Older Adult care or community services setting.
- Strong knowledge of older adults’ physical, emotional, and social needs.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to connect and empathize with older adults.
- Proficient in using technology and software applications for program management and reporting.
- Understanding of relevant regulations and policies related to Older Adult programs and services.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English, Chinese (Cantonese), and if possible casual conversation in Mandarin.
- Compassion, patience, and a genuine desire to positively impact older adults’ lives.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a detailed resume outlining their qualifications and experience to:
105 Gibson Centre
105 Gibson Drive, Markham, L3R3K7
Deadline for applications: August 31, 2023
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.