The World Health Organization has declared COVID-19 a worldwide pandemic. 105 Gibson Centre will continue to do our best to follow the policies and guidelines set by the government. However, 105 Gibson Centre cannot guarantee that those entering the building or participating in any activities will not become infected with COVID-19.
If you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms (common symptoms include but are not limited to: fever, dry, cough, tiredness) not related to other known causes or conditions you already have, please stay home.
Effective Saturday, July 16th, 2021, York Region along with the rest of Ontario, will enter “Step 3” of the Ontario Reopening Plan. Under the new restrictions, 105 Gibson Centre will enact the following arrangements:
- All room and facility capacities are limited to 50% capacity of pre-pandemic limits, where social distancing of 2m or 6ft is possible
- A facemask or covering must be worn while inside the centre. The mask/covering must cover from nose to chin. Only during intense exercise, during fitness class or sport, can the mask/covering be removed, and within the confines of the class/gym
- Social distancing will be enforced at all times for people not of the same household
- All visitors must sign-in when entering the centre and provide contact tracing information
- Guests and visitors to the centre must be attending/participating in an event or program, loitering is not permitted
The Centre will be open to the public starting on August 3rd, 2021. Our modified operation hours will be Monday to Friday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. Extended hours are available for drop in sports and rentals. Return to our full business hours will be set at a later date.
Drop in sports for badminton, pickle ball and table tennis will be back to the normal schedule as stated on our website. Online registration is mandatory.
For participants of online classes, 105 Gibson Centre will work with instructors to work together to safely bring your class back onsite. If there are any changes or modifications to your class you will be notified immediately.
We strongly encourage all those looking to partake in our programs and activities to be vaccinated for COVID-19, if safe to do so. We endeavor to provide a healthy and safe environment for all our users and we need your help in doing so.
We are glad to able to reopen our doors to you all once again and look forward to your patronage and support. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-946-8787.
105 Gibson Centre