Seven years ago, Rev. Dr. Harding Ng, Senior Pastor of Toronto Christian Community Church (TCCC), received a vision to start a Christian faith-based community centre to serve and to bless this neighbourhood. After much prayers with the church’s leadership, fundraising and volunteer efforts, this dream became a reality with the birth of 105 Gibson Centre in October 2013!
The Centre had been operating for three years in “Phase 1” of its mission and we now have more than 3,500 registered users with an average 2,100 visits to the Centre each month. Our volunteers dedicate a monthly average of 1,100 hours here to ensure our programs and services are delivered to our users. We are currently serving the community through our six core ministries:
- Youth Ministry
- Sports Ministry
- Community Needs (Food Bank, Thrift Store, Tax Clinic)
- Community Classrooms
- Cultural Café
- Abundant Life Program
Our community is evolving
In recent months we had witnessed a rise in users from other ethnic groups, namely Chinese from Mainland China, Syrians, Iraqis, Ethiopians, South Asians and Somalians. In addition, senior population is also growing rapidly in our community. How do we respond to these changes?
105 Gibson Centre is responding to these pressing needs with the launch of our mission’s next phase. This Phase 2 includes:
- close to 10,000 sq ft of space will be renovated in the Centre for new ministries so we can continue to serve the community in an efficient manner
- a partnership with Meals in Need, a new business that delivers healthy and nutritious meals to seniors. 105 Gibson will provide caring visitation to the seniors
- an area dedicated to the Abundant Life Program to serve boomers and seniors
- expanding on environmental initiatives with a permanent Thrift Store
- introduce a new Vertical Indoor Gardening and Aquaculture System with Nature Harmony
An invitation to you to participate in this rewarding journey with us. Click the button below to download a copy of our Phase 2 Capital Campaign Brochure for more information.
Our invitation for you
We invite you to participate in this rewarding journey with us. Please help us spread our message. Donations can be made here
You can also take home one of these piggy banks, available at Centre reception. Simply fill it up with your change and bring it back when it’s full. You can take more than one and ask your friends to support too! It all adds up towards our goal.
The Phase 2 construction will begin this year and we look forward to seeing this exciting transformation to the Centre and to the community!